Monday, December 21, 2009

Vatican paves way for canonization of Brother André


On December 19, the Vatican approved miracles allowing for the canonization of five people and the beatification of five others.

One of the five people named by the Vatican is Blessed Brother André Bessette, the humble man who founded St. Joseph's Oratory. 

I was born and raised in Montréal. After a number of years of apathy, I returned to the Faith thanks to St. Joseph's Oratory, where I found the healing power of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thereafter, I went to Mass regularly  at St. Joseph's for several years. That's when I got to know Brother André. I read a biography and was amazed at his simplicity and incredible faith. Many writers compared him to the Curé d'Ars.

So it brings me joy and peace to hear that Brother André is now on the verge of being canonized. Praise be to God!

Blessed Brother André, pray for us!


.